Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mat5chmaker Gone Bad

For those that didn't know, I'm a Matchmaker. Not like someone who matches socks or colours, but someone that matches people and hearts. Like Emma Woodhouse, that oh so famous character created by Jane Austin. My goal in life is to see that everyone around me is happily married someday. You could call me a busybody or think that I'm nosy, but it's in the hopes of bringing happiness to my 'clients', what's so nosy about that? In the end my 'clients' (who usually don't know I'm trying to match them up with someone!) are happy, sometimes. I confess, so there have been a few cases that kinda backfired on me. But those are rare.

So lately I've had my sights set on matching this two year old girl I know with her best guy friend who's three. Yes, they are a little young for marriage, but it takes a long time to know someone, so why not start young? Really young. Things are going great between them, but that's the sad. I'm supposed to be a first-class matchmaker, and yet, I can't find a match for myself and this two year old already has her husband picked out! This is pathetic. Seriously. So see, I'm a matchmaker gone very bad. Very Bad. I know I'm young, but every girl dreams of Summer romances, and Fall ones, Spring too, and also Winter. Maybe I should just move to a convent and become a nun to make things easier. Living contendly to 97, everyday bringing love and happiness into everyone elses life. Doesn't sound too bad. Maybe.

Sincerely,
~Indigo

No comments: