Thursday, August 28, 2008

Flashback Week 3#

Sorry that this one's two days late, I haven't been keeping track with the days. My bad. Well call me lazy, but FYI over the past few days I have been doing important stuff. (Like wrecking my Dad's $100 bike ((I am in SO much trouble! (Keep reading if you want to know the dirt behind this ordeal.)))))) Yeah, I've decided to get away from the screen more and start living life (like I did today).
So sit back and please don't laugh at my incredible stupidity too much.


Quick update: August 28 [I wrote this entry today]
I finished my grammar curriculum yesterday. No, actually it was the day before.

I only have nineteen Spelling lessons left to do and then I will be done with Spelling. For LIFE!

I got in bike wreck today. [This was the one I was talking about.]
I was riding Dad's bike to the creek down the street (hey, that rhymes!) this morning. While I was pedaling I was pretending I was a way chic (and of course cute) French girl in love with Indiana Jones. Conveniently - as all daydreams go - Indy liked me back. (Who am I kidding?! He loved me!) Today we were double-riding (when I say this I don't mean that we were riding on a double bike but that we were riding a one seat bike but we were sharing it because that was the dangerous way to do it), to a picnic (where he was going to confess his passionate love for me and ask me to marry him!) and he was showing off his BMX skills by swerving crazily all over the road so I would hold on to him tightly to avoid falling off the bike. Well, as it goes (short style) he (me) swerved a little too tightly, hit a pebble (YES! A pebble!), the bike skidded uncontrollably, and we (me) were propelled into the air (the first ever flying humans) and then smashed onto the asphalt road beneath me, bare elbow first.
I hobbled back home (shedding oozy blood the whole way) where I was bandaged up like a mummy while I complained about how show off-y and reckless Mr. Jones is.
So my lesson was today that even daydream blokes will let you down and hurt you (LITERALLY!) in the end. I also learned that I couldn't blame hottie Jones for my accident, because, after all, I was the one steering.
~Indigo

Aren't I a hoot? I amaze even myself because OH ME GOSH I'm stupid!
~Indigo

2 comments:

Drewe Llyn said...

I understand the "fall down" feeling. I fell yesterday. I tripped over Cassie on my morning walk! Now I have a banged up knee and a scraped hand and I'm sore all over. I hope you are feeling better.

Elysa said...

I am (thank goodness). You?

~Indigo