Saturday, August 23, 2008

Flashback 2# (Nobody has yet talked me out of this ((Thanks a lot!)))

Alright, when I was 10 I was OBSESSED with Orlando Bloom. I knew everything about him. His Dad's name, when his birthday was, when he was in his first play etc. If he did anything I knew about it. I even had a calendar of him (that I would kiss at night when I was in my bed) that my cousin gave me for Christmas. I was a complete hopeless fan.
So one day my friend suggested to me that I write him a letter and I more than wholeheartedly attached myself to the idea. The next day I got all my pretty gel pens in pile and picked out the smoothest paper for the letter that I thought would win Orlando's heart. Here it is:


Dear Orlando Bloom [I was ten when I wrote this letter],
I wish that I could say "Dear Orlando Bloom, Happy Birthday from you biggest fan!" but, unfortunately I'm probably not, probably your biggest fan would be my cousin, Emily (she likes everybody to call her Emmy though, she thinks it's cooler that way) and then probably your second and third biggest fan would be my friends Cassie and Candace. Candace has this HUGE (I mean huge!) poster of you! Emmy has got to see all of your movies! I've only gotten to see three of your movies, 'Return of the King', 'Two Towers', and 'Fellowship of the Ring.' Though, I think that you don't look as good when your Legolas as you do when you play in 'Pirates of the Caribbean,' but my dad Dad and Mom are really strict on what movies I watch. But I might get to see 'Pirates of the Caribbean 2' for my birthday, I'm trying to persuade my Dad to let me (he's kinda gettin' soft about it).

Well, I'll tell you more about me. Well for starters, my whole name is Indigo Skye Windsnap, I'm ten years old and I'm just one of seven kids in my family (I'll tell you a little about each of us)! Well, Indie is the oldest, she's twelve years old. She thinks you're a prettyboy, but I just ignore her. She also doesn't think you're cute at all! I ignore her in that subject too! What she likes to do is read, sing in Elvish (she's a 'Lord of the Rings' freak!), play the piano, and she LOVES to read! And she loves the new version of the 'Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe'! Then there's me. I'm doing cheerleading, and I'm directing a Fashion Show! I l,ove to be the center of attention and be the star of the show! I love to express myself, and show make my point, I also am doing photography right now (I'm hoping I'll get up to the point when I can sell them for a good bit)! I'm also writing a few books right now! I'm hoping I will get to be in a movie. In fact, all I wanted for Christmas (besides your calendar) was to get to audition for a movie that was being filmed near where I live. And the other thing that I had wanted was to win a sweepstakes to meet you. Then there's my younger brother Kian, he loves math and completely dislikes my liking you. He frowns whenever I bring up the subject of our wedding. Boys, so HOPELESS! After him there's Shane. Shane's psycho and ADHD, but he can be sweet and fun when he's not coming up with schemes. I love him even though he's a little annoying. But I am too so what can I say? The there's Sonnie (she's the one that I share a room with), she has turned out to be a major control freak and a pretty princess (who thinks she owns the World!). She has a few nicknames around here, like Indie calls her 'Princess Know-It-All' and Kian calls her 'sissy' and I just think that both of though them work fine. Second to last there's Chan, he's only two. He has blonde hair and blue eyes (he's gonna have a LOT of girls after him when he's older!)


That's all I ever wrote. I never finished it, and I never sent it. A year or so I got over Orli and I only kept this letter so that I could look back at it and laugh at how hysterical I was then. It still brings a smile to my lips, I'm glad I wrote it and kept it. Maybe it'll never work out between me and Mr. Bloom, but that's OK. I can live with that and he can live without me. Sounds like a plan.

Sincerely,
~Indigo

No comments: