Monday, August 11, 2008

Clover and 'Normal'

I have to admit it, sometimes I wish I was just a little more like everyone else, just a little more 'normal'. We all do. But what is normal? Nobody can define 'normal' becuase there is no such thing as 'normal'. We are all extremely different, just some of us can hide it better than others. They are the ones who we think are 'normal'. But it is impossible to be 'normal' because we don't know what it is. So they are few who are brave and decide to break away and make themselves up instead of having these 'normal' people do it. Yes, they do get teased and sometimes their lives are miserable. But at least they are being true to themselves and are fulfilling their dreams, and they are happy, very happy, because they are free from the term of 'normal'. Even though sometimes I do wish I was more 'normal' it is very rare. I'm am very glad of who I am, I wouldn't want to be any different. And the truth is, when you step away from the 'normal' crowd people start noticing you, yeah a lot of it is mean attention but you also get noticed by wonderful people because you've finally stepped away and they're seeing you for the first time. What I use as an example is clover. They are almost all the same, but once in awhile you find one that is different, a four leaf clover. Have you ever noticed how out numbered the four leaf clovers are? There are trillions of three leafed clovers but there are only thousands of four leaf clovers. I have yet to find one. But also, have you ever noticed that the four leaf clovers are the lucky ones, because they are so very and extremely rare. And whenever I start to wish that I was just maybe a little bit more 'normal' I just think of myself as a four leaf clover that is bringing luck to whoever takes the time to discover me (now I know that sounds kinda cheesy, but sometimes you just have to go for the cheese!). There are billions upon gazillions of unique people around you, you just have to look and I'm sure you'll find one. But if you try to become friends with someone who is 'normal' you won't be able to pick one out because they are all the same, tiny pieces of sand in the vast desert known as our world. Thank you for taking the time to listen to my ramblings!

Sincerely,

Indigo

No comments: