Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Memoirs of a Postcard OR This Made Me Laugh...Hehehe:)))

This afternoon I was going through my mum's collection of ratty postcards from faraway places I'd like to go. I was searching for unused ones that I could send to my best friend/penpal in Ohio when I found this little thing. I laughed and just had to share with my online readers.

[This letter was written in July 13, 1990 by my aunt when she went some Summer over to our homeland, Scotland.]

Dear Jim,
We visited Loch Ness today. It was beautiful but unfortunately, it was tourist-orientated. I tried Scotch today for the first and last time. It was a single malt whiskey and after I swallowed I couldn't breathe! I guess I am not a hardcore drinker - in fact, I am coming to believe that I'm not a drinker at all! Warm beer is so awful! Tomorrow we visit Kirkaudbright - I hope it is beautiful. I love you and miss you. I'll call the 22nd. Deidra.



Wow, I love my aunt! I don't now if she would be mad or not that I posted her postcard for millions to view but she won't ever know so it's OK. Mum's the word!

Sincerely,
~Indigo


No comments: